Monday 1 April 2013

now the holes are filled

Well, I picked up the engine today, they called and said it was ready....

I didn't even want to talk to them, I just handed over the cash and we loaded the engine back into the truck, I was going to stop off at my brothers leave it there for my dad to do the drilling and taping but, no one was there so I brought it home, and well decided to take a few pictures, and I even took the cylinder head cover off, to my surprise the gasket is nice and rubbery, it came off with no issues and I am sure it will be OK to use again, at least now I can check the valves, and polish up the cover.

I just have to get the holes drilled and new threads put in, and the engine will be ready to go.

So anyways a few pictures, this is untouched, just the way the welder guy left it, not pretty, but they are filled, I will take my time to grind and drill and tap, and it should be OK, at least I know the new holes will hold....













All seems to look good here





chain seems nice and tight

No comments:

Post a Comment