Monday 1 April 2013

decals 3

Couldn't sleep, so I did a bit more work....get's me closer to getting the tins on the bike....















 
reveal
Well a bit of work this morning.....














more 
 
reveal 2
and a few outside


















Well that's it for today, I have no more time, and I didn't even get the front fender on....

more work still ahead, and more pics to come....

plus I have an issue with one of the side panels, the nub is on crooked, so I can't put the bloody thing on......@$%@#%@#$%#@$%#

 
front fender
OHHHH boy, I had more time than I thought, so I got the front fender on as well,,,man what a PITA those 4 little bolts holding the thing on, such a pain to get back in....and I didn't, couldn't get the 4 washers in either, or those side marker thingies....ohhhhh well












Well maybe, if I have time I will do the front nose piece as well.....but I doubt it....have a wedding to go to....LOL, I have to go and get ready....wife is already yelling at me....
 
front nose
Well I am no officially done for today...











time to go...... 
 
Some quick math.....

tires - 250
battery - 125
tin painting - 400
decals - 60
header wrap - 120
SS nuts and bolts - 100
SS brake lines - 120
brake pads, engine gaskets, seals, etc - 250
R1 throttle tube and grips - 25
seat upholstery - 250
LED relay - 10
carb O ring kit - 25 ?
various spray cans, primer/paint, engine, frame, etc - 100
polishing compounds - 30
electrical tape - 7
rear tail - 35
and in case I forgot anything - 75

Total - 1982.00 give or take.....

my time and labor, blood, sweat, and tears and complete enjoyment and satisfaction - priceless...........

Overall not a bad price to pay for the end result, I figure it can give me back another 30 years of enjoyment, not sure if I can take and use that much.....

but since November to now it's been fun, and with it being spread out over the many months, it's not so bad on the pocket book, even the wife didn't mind, well most times she didn't.....

the bulk of the money was in the big things tires, battery, seat, not much one could have saved on, maybe the seat, the painting etc, but it would have looked no where near as good as she does right now.....

I figure I will have some good use out of the bike, and if and when my son wants to take over, he will have many miles ahead of him on the bike as well.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment