Monday 1 April 2013

Some progress tonight....

Rear brake caliper bolts shortened by 5mm, now they fit perfectly and don't hit the brake rotor ( I measured wrong and ordered wrong ), after that bled the rear brake, feels good

Installed gaskets for the stator cover, and the clutch side, tightened up all the new SS Bolts, after applying a bit of anti seize

new oil filter and gasket installed, (still need to add the oil)

need to.....

get a battery

install carbs

bled the front brakes, and add oil to the forks, I am a bit lost on this whole system due to the anti dive, going to read up on how this is done, do the oils mix, I can't imagine they do, fork oil and brake fluid, should not mix, but not knowing how the system works, until I read up on it

and some other small details, double check all nuts and bolts

and

hopefully have a try at starting her up......


sorry no pictures........ :-(

Well it has to happen I guess...

Purchased a new maintenance free YUASA battery yesterday, the place charged it up for me, I brought it home, before I went to bed I measured the voltage,,,,,CRAP,,,,down to 8 Volts,,,,,so I stick on the charger overnight, and check it in the morning, WOW a whole 10 Volts now......what the bloody hell

So I take it to the place I purchased it from, the do a load test....and tell me it's pooched, no good, won't hold a charge properly, and so on.....

They don't have another in stock, fortunately no hassle from them, and I get a full refund....

Called around all day, found another, but its almost an hour drive one way, and another place that is a bit closer, has one but an open box, acid was added, but customer never picked it up, don't want it, as they cannot tell me how long it's been sitting around for....

now it's the long weekend, so much for thrashing on the bike and possibly getting it going.....

I am bummed out......

Maybe just maybe, I will make the long trip and get the one that is available

the only good thing is the throttle tube I ordered came in and I can go and pick it up, same place that has the used battery,,,,,how funny is that.....

Ahhhhh if nothing else, gonna go and try to bag me a gobbler on Saturday, take it out on the poor bird.....

No comments:

Post a Comment