Monday 1 April 2013

Second attempt at painting the rims

Well, I did some light sanding, enough to take off the shine of the old paint (old ya right it was on since yesterday....) anyways scuffed it up, cleaned it with rubbing alcohol let it dry, kept them in the basement to stay same temp, as the paint I bought today, once I was ready, took it all to the garage, and went at it......

A little while latter they were back in the laundry room under the light, must say it seems they turned out better this time, so far I don't see any matte areas so I might have hit it really well this time.....I will take a closer inspection tomorrow...

Anyways as always a few pics....

Ohh ya I also found some matte bumper paint, and painted the chain guard and the air box, they look shiny but still wet, as they are drying it's turning to a matte finish...

the spokes do have a polished finish, but the paint on the tape makes it look good as well, almost a polished black....never knew tape could look so good.....











No comments:

Post a Comment