Monday 1 April 2013

So I went to a glass place, told me he can do a new one for 40 bucks, was 35 at first but then he saw the small hole he has to do as well, and it went up another 5 in the blink of an eye.......Thanked him for his quote and I walked out, going to see if I can find it anywhere else, and while my son was doing his Arts program, he gout a big sheet of plexiglass, I found it, it's a wee bit thicker, and not glazed, but I am going to cut my own first and see how it turns out, if no good, and I don't find another, I will just get the glass place to make me a new one, they even had the frosted glass.....

It was just 40 bucks I could have spent on something better....my budget is getting smaller with these kind of stupid little mistakes, lucky me so far it's the only one that has cost me.....

So anyways on to better things.....

Me and the son decided to tackle the rear end and get the swing arm off, the mono shock mount out, and call it a night, once again he is off to work, so not so much can be done, but enough for him to learn a bit each and every time....

Well here are the pics of the efforts on tonight's tear down, I was actually surprised on the condition of the part that holds the mono shock, it's barely pitted,rusted it will require very little attention if any...



the swing arm, yes rim still attached



dirty, but it will come clean



and tonight even the dog had enough, of us working and smelling up his living quarters, he fell asleep....as you can see, I am even running out of room, the bike takes up more room now, since it's in bits and pieces....




No comments:

Post a Comment