Monday 1 April 2013

Well here we go.....

the box.....




and all the contents......should keep me busy for a few hours....





I added the stitching, this is why it will cost me a bit more, and I asked they do the stitch in a white thread, I think they call this a French double stitch, and the strap will be done with a single stitch











going to go have dinner, relax a bit, and get to work......not really sure what order those will be followed in...

have to verify the parts are correct as well....

The stuff sent by BS was by USPS, but Canada Customs decided I had to pay tax GST/HST on the amount showing on the Invoice and a handling Fee....ohhhhh well, at least it didn't cost me more than if I paid for it here, only more time....

I think I will stick to our local dealers, lesson learned

Anyways enough about that....

The stitching, it was a toss up either black or white, well it's an off white, and there was a silver, I debated the color and ended up picking the white, since the bike will be white mostly, and I don't think I will do red accents, but black instead. Yes the white might get dirty faster, so I was actually going to call the guys and tell them to do it in the silver, it will be less noticeable and should not get as dirty as fast, it's actually the same as I have in my SUV, I thought it was white, but I took a closer look today and it's silver,,,,ish

All I need now is the bolts from Good Time, and I can really start on assembly, I did some tonight, used the old bolts for now, just to see how things are going to go....

Changed all the seals, boots, plugs, etc and put all the brake systems together

managed to screw up one of the seals, so I had to use an old one, so I used 2 old ones, which leaves me a new one for spare, and stooopid me, I go and order 2 sets of rear pads, I don't think I did, but I have now spare rear pads as well, and 2 clutch cable covers, I really have to go and double check my order, I don't know why I would have done that ?

so here is tonight's love of labor......















gotta mess up at least once....


brake lines sort of installed

Well, I worked all day, and really didn't have time to really work on the bike and being Good Friday, I really shouldn't be working in the house, but the boys went out, the wife is doing her thing, and I decided to go and check on the bike, and it hit me.....lets see how the brake lines will look, I just did all the calipers, not on fully, but enough to dry fit the lines.

I like the look of the lines, and them being all nice and new, but what a pain in the behind, very little flex to them, especially if you want the to go any way but the way they want, they are stiff, they are hard to conform to how I want, but they do look good, that is for sure.

Will they loosen up a bit, or do I not worry about it and just let them be the way they are, the rear line feels a bit short and they need a few minor bends so I put it in place and zip tied the line, so it stays, not sure how else to hold it there, but it will figure out something.

It's all gonna come off or at least apart, I didn't put on any of the crush washers, it's all just loose fitting for now....

Let me know what you think, or any tips on how I might do something different, or is it the way it is....?















No comments:

Post a Comment