Monday 1 April 2013

tins painted

Well.......................

they are done, I have them, and I am happy

Got to Spyug's place, well before the painter, had a good stiff drink, then we had a nice light dinner, a nice pasta dish with lots of good stuff in it, even some nice shrimp, that just kicked it up a notch. We were sitting around shooting the breeze, and a knock at the door, and it's the painter with my tins.....

Get outside, have a quick look at them, spyug and I determine the a job well done, out his car into mine, paid the man (promised him more business) and bid him a good night...

Then it started pouring rain, buckets of it, so left the tins in the car, retreated to the garage, pulled out the Cigars, some more wine, and talked some more, soon it was time to leave, no sooner do I leave and I have to go back, left my camera, cigar case, umbrella in the garage, well that was a bummer, get back, grab my stuff and head home....

Well I have no daylight now, but I did promise you all some pictures and so here we go......



Yes they are pearl white, with some sparkle in them, however in the pictures they appear to be silver, this is not the case, poor lighting in the house, flash washes it out, so bear with me, until I get them outdoors to take some better shots....






















Have to wait for some sunshine, and do some outdoor shots, to really get the colour and sparkle these tins now have, but that will be for another day, forecast is for rain, and not so nice weather, but it will come...

More pics to follow

I hope the wait was worth it, it was for me, now I am almost afraid to put them on the bike........

Thanks for looking

Spyug Thanks for dinner and the hospitality

More to come...............latter

This is what we were waiting to blow over, but it didn't happen till much latter....hard to see the rain but it was coming down good and hard



 
Decals
So I got some decals made up, but I am not sure about the tank one, I think it's too big, or is it ? By measurements it is larger than the original that was on there, not by a whole lot, but enough, so now I don't know if I should have the place redo them for me, to the correct size, or just leave them as is, and go with the go big or go home adage....LOL

here are a few pics taken this morning

















 
tins outside
Well I tried to take a few pictures outside, but by the time I got around to it, the sun was gone and all I have is over cast, clouds, and getting dark...

but here goes
















tomorrow is another day, I hope it will be sunny....

did ya notice all the black trim and stripes.....ohhhh ya baby

.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment