Monday 1 April 2013

wrong tires

Well,,,,,to my amazement, I get home to find the tires I ordered 2 days ago, were delivered today, WOW, I was so excited, talk about a fast turn around, paid and shipped and delivered and in my hands in like 48 hours....

But it was short lived

They sent me the wrong sizes....

110/70/17 and 130/70/17














They are supposed to be

110/90/16 and 130/90/17



What a bummer,,,,so I am delayed again, now they have to get these and ship me the correct ones....

Sometimes life just sucks..... 
 
Correct tires
Well they just came in....I actually called the place to see if they did ship and he said they did and I should get them today or tomorrow, no more than 15 minutes go by and a knock on the door, I was just about to go back to work from being at home for lunch, and there is the FedEx guy with the tires in hand......

wwwwwoooooooohhhhhhhhooooooo












sorry about the rushed pics, just had to take a few......quickly...

now to make arrangements to get them mounted.....
  

rear tire
Well I got ready to get the rear tire installed....

Don't you just love my ghetto motorcycle stand....LOL

hey I had to think fast, and use what I had at hand, so cut up a 4x4 and a 2x4 and screwed it together, got the stand under the mono shock, lifter it up and put the wood under the swing arm, pulled out the bolt, and removed the tire....

It's only safe enough to do one at a time, rear only, not the front yet, but that is OK, better than having the bike fall over, even now I am scared but it should hold up hopefully the dog won't knock it over, and no one else is in the garage but him...

now I can only get a hold of the guy who said he will do the tires for me, he was 20 bucks a rim, but if I can't get a hold of him, then it's off to the dealer, and I really don't want to pay 90 bucks a rim for install and balance.....sheesh

I was comparing the old tire to the new one,,,,I really hope I won't have a clearance issue with the 130/90/17 that I chose to go with......it seems it's gonna be tight.......yikes

I feel like I keep going one step forward and 2 back, every time I post a picture there seems to be less on the bike than before....LOL

and I thought I was close to the finish line....

and of course a few pictures...







 
Front tire installed
so here is the front





looking good

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment