Monday 1 April 2013

screw_up

Well,,,,,,I took it upon myself to remove the broken bolt out of the exhaust, and I think I really made a mess of things, and now I don't know what to do to fix it....

I figured I would drill out a bit of the old screw, then use a screw extractor to get out the rest, well that didn't happen, so I drilled out a bit more, and a bit more and well finally after it was all done, I do have a hole there probably a bit of the old bolt still in there, but the angle of the hole is not correct.....

does any of this really matter, can I just fill in the hole, maybe use some liquid metal type product, like Devcon, put a stud in, and let it set in place ?

or am I looking at a whole new part of the engine.....anyone got a spare one....

Please help me out on this, I would really appreciate any words of wisdom, right now.....

Thanks guys/gals

a few pictures of the mess, and the hole in the back, is not right through, as I did spray some silicone lube, and it does stay in the hole and does not leak out anywhere.....







No comments:

Post a Comment