Monday 1 April 2013

Grips installed...

Well a small update....

I purchased the throttle tube and grips from the 2004 Yamaha R1, and installed them tonight, can't tell yet if it's shorter to get to WOT or not, but at least the grips are new and not torn as were the original ones...

And they actually don't look too bad, a wee bit shorter in length, so I had to move things around a bit to have it all nice once again, but overall not bad..










This here is my concern...the zip tie shows how much travel I have, by just holding the front brake and pushing down on the bars, I really don't know if this is normal, I think, they are diving down too much, measuring show a travel of 4 inches, seems kinda too much, while over with spyug on the weekend, on his 750 I did the same, and it seems his only went down about 3 inches, now he does have the anti dive units closed off, and I do not, bleeding was done according to the manual, springs are in speck, so I really don't know....

Any tips or suggestions, other than adding a spacer, I am more interested if this is a normal amount of travel, manual don't say squat about this...

Thanks







crap forgot one more thing....

can I hook up my battery charger to the positive and negative leads, the ones that would be used if I had a battery, just to check my electrical, see if the lights come on, blinkers, dash, etc....

not looking to start the bike, or turn it over, just a quick visual check of lights and such...

I am still waiting on a battery, ordered, but not yet arrived and or picked up....



Contact

I have contact........

my electrical is operational, or so it seems, this was just a quick test....

but it all works.....













No comments:

Post a Comment