Monday 1 April 2013

caps

Well I got these caps tonight, from a member here on GSResources.....

Thanks.....Ram

so I am thinking I am going to use them instead of my black painted ones,,,however I do not know if caps are caps, is there a difference, in size, height, etc, will it mess up my carb sync that has already been done ? or can I just take off the black caps I have, and put these guys on instead, and I am not going to remove the carbs from where they are, just the caps....

any thoughts

After about 1/2 hour of polishing, this is what I have








they are to replace these black caps

 
Lights
Well sitting around, not knowing what to do, I can't ride yet, no tins, so I was out and about yesterday and found some light, they are a bit big and there were some smaller ones, but they didn't have the blue light option, and when I got to the cash I was charged the same for these as the others so not a big loss, I think somehow the system messed up, at these should have been 20 bucks and not the 10 she charged me. Ohhhh well

So I took a bit of time and mounted them, did the wiring up quick, and took a few pictures, not really sure I like it, I sort of do, and I kinda don't.....maybe it will grow on me, however the blue does look kool, and the white output could potentially keep me visible a bit more during the day, and or night....

anyways here are a few pics...














I might go back and get the smaller ones, not really sure, these just might be a touch too big ?

 
ignition cover
Well I finally got it on and now it's complete

I got a cover from SVSooke, it is the wrong one but I decided to make it work and not have that open hole, so a bit of Tech Steel, from Spyug, and 15 minutes latter it was done...I didn't take pics, but you just knead the tech steel stuff, I then wrapped it around the white column and pressed on the cover and that's it.....


















Still waiting on my tins...... 
 
Header Wrap
Well, I did it.....I know, I know, some like it some don't, but the dings were driving me nuts, I couldn't get them out, even with the steel ball on the rod, and I wasn't about to make it worse, like put a hole in the pipes, cerama kote is not an option, so this is next best thing for me....

I did mess up a little bit, and might have to do one over, or just a bit of wrap in one spot somehow, but when you get going 50 feet really is not a whole lot.....

so a few pics.....

and the wrap is black, and will get darker once I spray on the crap they tell you to put on, so it will not be as noticeable.....












I know I am going to catch some flak from the ones that don't like the wrap. but hey......what can you do....
 
all wrapped up...
Well they are done...

I let them sit in the sun all day yesterday, this dried out the wrap really nice, I then brought them indoors and sprayed them with the silicone spray/paint or what ever the heck it is, and even did the rest of the pipe with the spray stuff, I think it turned out really nice, it's gone fairly black, even the pipe has changed color compared to the high temp header paint I used before, this stuff is a bit more glossy...

Well anyway, it's done, tomorrow I will put them back on the bike, I just wish I could run the bike so as to bake the stuff on, but that will have to wait....

so a few more pics...

baking in the sun after the wrap yesterday




first coat of silicone spray...




somewhere after the third or so coat, was running out of the stuff..




did the pipe on the can with the silicone spray, a bit of a gloss finish




I think it's going to look really good......



who said wrap don't look good....hmmmmm

I am kinda liking it....



 
wrapped exhaust installed
Well, I can somewhat say, I am near the end......Everything is buttoned up, tightened up, checked, inspected, and ready to go...I think....

I put the exhaust back on tonight, and I think it looks great !!!!!!!!!

All I can do now is wait for the tins to come back, put them on, and the seat, and see if all this hard work, time, effort, blood, sweat, swearing, and tears is going to pay off....

This is it, no more to do, I think I have it all done, the last pictures of her being naked, next round of pictures, she will be in her new look....







.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment