Monday 1 April 2013

Well, after buying the cleaning products, wire wheel 4 inch one, wire brush, and so on it was time to get down and dirty....

Yesterday I only used the wire brush, bottle brush (kinda useless) the Simple Green cleaner, my garden hose to rinse everything off, and finally my leaf blower to air dry as much as possible, I then patted the engine down to dry it off as much as possible, and sprayed some silicone lube, on some of the metal parts where the gear shift lever is, just for a bit of prevention of rust...

Tonight we used the 4 inch wire wheel, and a bit of the wire brush, some paper towel to wipe it down, and that's it for now, going to use something prior to painting to wash it down and make sure no oils or grease are left on the parts that are going to be painted.

the whole engine was given a run down with the wire wheel, including all covers, to get as much off as possible, heck some of the covers came out semi polished, won't take much to get them really nice, once they are off and hit them with the buffing wheel. The top cover needs some more work, still has some of the clear coat on it, but this will be done once it's off, as well as the rest of the covers, going to leave them on, until I paint the engine, then remove them and polish....

The frame, some wire wheel work, and then hand sanding, and it came out really good I think, won't really know until I hit it with at least some primer, but all that is after the big dent is repaired....

So here are the pics of my effort, I think it will be OK to go ahead and paint now, I really don't think there is really more that I could get at and clean, and any nook or cranny that is not done, well so be it, but I think I got to them all....

The Engine











No comments:

Post a Comment