Monday 1 April 2013

Frame has been ground !!!!!

Well tonight, I figured it's time I tried my hand at grinding......

So with the 20 dollar grinder I picked up last week, a fresh metal grinding wheel, safety glasses, and a hope and a prayer, I turned on that puppy and put the disc to the metal......sparks were a flying everywhere, metal dust all over the place, and I forgot to put on a face mask, but hey the bike is more important than my lungs.

After about maybe an hour, going at it, and going from the hard grinding disc to a flapper disc, that has just sandpaper on it, a shot of primer on the bare metal, and after the dust settled, I think I got it to look somewhat descent, well at least passable in my eyes.

Heck if I really want to be picky I might spread a bit of JB Weld on the one seam, just to smooth it out a bit more, but you know, I think it looks pretty good....

If I leave it like this, a good wash down, maybe a shot of primer, I will be able to hit it with paint, and WOW,,,,I will be able to start hanging parts back on it......... woooooooo hooooooo........

now for the pictures












 

No comments:

Post a Comment