Monday 1 April 2013

welded frame....

Well I got the frame back today, it's not going to win any beauty pageants, but it's now strong, and safe, and I don't have to worry if it will break on me while riding around town, or down the highway...

I took some before and after shots, the before is how it came right from the welder guy, his welds are good I guess, better than anything I could do, then again we were not going for looks.

I then took the grinder to the welds (the 20 dollar one from Canadian Tire) and gave it quick once over, nothing harsh, and it seems to be a bit better, but it will need more work, to get it really (somewhat) nice, I am not a welder, fabricator, grinder, or anything like that, heck I fix computers, hardware and software, so getting this much done is great for me, I have tinkered a whole lot and done a lot of this stuff, but usually to a rough stage, now I have to go all the way and make it to the finish stage as well. Probably with a bit more grinding, and maybe some JB Weld to smooth it out a bit here and there, and once the primer/paint go on, heck it might not even be all that noticeable....if it really comes down to it, I can always go and get another frame, but that would just be nuts......


so here are the before






This is where the big hit was.....now it's no longer a divit....







Hardly noticeable from this angle





and the after (light grinding) I am afraid to do a lot, don't want to grind off the bloody welds.....so I am taking my time







No comments:

Post a Comment