Monday 1 April 2013

Thinking....

So here I am at work, very quiet evening, and going through all the posts as they come up, and a few questions come to mind.....

So I would like to ask of all you wise ones out there, or those even with an opinion, on a few items

I was thinking of using this JB Weld stuff for the 3 items that are causing me the most grief at the moment, and I am not sure if it's a good way of going about it or not.

Firstly the FRAME, was going to make up something to wrap around the dinged part and then pour in as much JB stuff in, let it cure, then grind/sand it down to even it out with the rest of the frame, prime and or just paint as I planned on doing the rest of the frame. Frame is not bent it's straight, it's only this part that has been knocked in, that I want to make back even with the rest of it...Do you think this is a good idea ????




My next thing was to use JB in the two holes, one in the head, and one on the hole for the oil cover, was going to drill out some more, well enough to remove all traces of the old bolts that were in there, and then fill up with JB and then drill new holes and then tap new ones, for the head I was going to go with studs this time anyways, or I will get a new head from a fellow board member here and not worry about the bad hole,,and for the oil side, I have new SS bolts from Z1, so maybe I get a helicoil and set it in the JB weld....Do you think this is a good idea ????





yes the broken bolt is in the picture, but I have since drilled it out, and now have a large hole there




And lastly,,,,,the shocks, should I leave them black, just clean up a bit more and re paint them, or should I remove all of the paint, and buff them out and give em the aluminum polished look, as I will be doing to all of the engine covers. Do you think this is a good idea ????

No comments:

Post a Comment