Monday 1 April 2013

Well tonight was the night, the engine is out, and the frame is free and we are ready to start making it new once again.

It really was a pain in the arse to get the engine out, I mean really, I undid everything I could, removed everything I could, turned her on her side and still a royal pain to get that frame away from that engine, even the air box was creating a headache as it wouldn't get out either at first. Well with the help of the wife tonight (son is at work already) we managed to get it done....

here are a few pics

actually first here is the chain, I soaked in kerosene for a few hours, took the wire wheel to it, then soaked it again, then dried and put on some chain lube,,,look s to be OK, I will measure it just to make sure but I think it will be good to go...





and now the fun began.....

removed all of this



from here



to get this out





and we ended up with this



and a quick shot of the parts that are scattered all over the place, including the coolers, and plastic rubber maid box...




Well that's it for now, as the next phase is to clean, scrub, polish, and paint....I will take pics as items get done, just to show the progress and to keep this thread alive....

No comments:

Post a Comment