Monday 1 April 2013

polish and paint

Well, I have been busy, as most of us working stiffs, we have the week off, and I tried to make myself busy, did things around the house, spent time with the wife and kids, and also worked on the bike.....

I tried to clean up the bits and pieces as best as I could, some got down to bare metal, others not so much, the ones not so much well they are the test parts for when I paint, to see if they will pass or not, if they don't turn out good, the rest of the part will get sanded down to bare metal and then painted.....

I need some comments and thoughts on the shocks, should I strip them down completely, or just scuff up the original paint and give em a spray with black, or strip em down and polish them ? either can be done, but I am not sure which to do ?

I am also thinking, I will need to replace all the nuts and bolts, as I put each one to the wire wheel, they came up nice and clean and shiny, but I think the protective coating on them is now gone, and they might start to rust ? So a trip to Brafasco seems to be in the future as well, unless you guys can tell me differently.

ohh and the last picture is a Christmas gift, and not one of my pictures but a generic off of the net.....

So here are the parts, getting close to putting things back, slowly.....but I think I will hold off, a wee bit longer..........











No comments:

Post a Comment