Monday 1 April 2013

Broken gear and electrical

Well in my assembly I have come across a broken part, and the only reason I came across it is when I put the swing arm back in, I didn't route the cable correctly, so I disconnected it and inside I find the broken gear.....

Does anyone have a spare one, just the gear ? is all I need, the rest is intact, and even the inner gear is OK, this little guy goes on the end of the cable....

I see I can still get the part new, so if no one has one, I guess I will have to order

GEAR
62356-31340 (replaces 62356-31300) 1 $8.65 $6.38

this is the gear






this is where it goes, the control that has the black handle and numbers 1-4




And this is my electrical, I don't think it needs any work, I was going to tape the loom again, just so it has some nice new tape on it, and using a Q tip clean up each contact, the rubber housing and apply a bit of di-electric grease to each contact, and put her back in, other than the positive rubber cap, I think the rest of it looks very good, I don't see any burnt ends, or fraying, or anything, so I should be good.

any opinions ?














I hope to have it all buttoned up by end of March, but who knows, life happens and things get out of whack, but I will be optimistic and really try....

Yes I really like the bling effect of the SS bolts, it's really setting things off on the bike, mind you most won't be seen once it's all back, but at least I am not worried about rusted bolts, as I didn't use almost any of the old stuff, the brakes are going to be a pain, they are a fine thread, and to get them in stainless is proving to be a chore, so I might settle for some Allen head but in black, these I can get fairly easily...

I have contacted a few places, thanks to feedback on my other thread, and I even have a buddy in Italy to see if he can find anything there locally, he also travels to England, so there might be hope, if I get them, I can always swap them out at a latter date....

Well back to the bike....

No comments:

Post a Comment