Tuesday 9 July 2013

It's working, so I will keep at it......


So I went for a short ride, firstly to start, choke full, hit the button and bit of throttle she started right up, I did try without throttle, no go....

ran on choke for about half minute, took it off and she was idling, nice....

went for a ride, well she seems to be working quite well, no stuttering on acceleration, a bit of popping decel, but I like that anyways, but I am sure it's not good.

she is smoking a crap load, but it's OK, it's the oil that spilled on the header and is soaked a bit in the wrap, I am sure over time she will burn that off and all will be well....

I am also finding she is not stalling out on me or trying to as I slow down and come to a stop, as she used to in the past....so perhaps the coil was to blame all along......I am now no longer needing to keep on blipping the throttle to keep her running at a stop light,,,,,yay

I still have a clutch issue, I can be around 5-6 grand in the rpms twist the throttle and the bike no go, but the rpm's climb, so either new springs are needed or fibre plates, I don't ever remember changing either so it just might be time....

It was a good little run tonight I am glad she is running as well as she is, a bit of tweaking and maybe I get her running even better, but if not and it's how it is now, I will be happy....I have trust back in the old girl....

I did however notice one more thing, I have exhaust leaking out of the rivets that are on the Yosh can, the ones that hold the can to the pipe and the ones holding the metal decal....I wonder if I need to do anything about that, I do also see that the can moves back and forth about an 1/8th as you sit and rev the engine.....

I think I have a bike I can once again ride.....

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment